Chef Secrets: Braised Restaurant and Bar's Braised Short Ribs
We convinced the chef to share his recipe, which is almost fool-proof and tastes absolutely delicious, but if you want to skip the kitchen, Travelzoo.ca currently offers a three-course meal at 50%.
Braised Short Rib
Yield 12 portions
13 pounds (5.9 kg) of AAA-grade short ribs – 4 bones, about 3 inches long
6 Tomatoes -- chopped
4 Spanish onions -- chopped
3 Individual stalks of celery -- chopped
2 Roasted carrots -- chopped
6 Cloves of garlic -- chopped
2 L of red wine
Salt and pepper
Beef stock approximately 4 litres
- Season (salt & pepper) and sear the ribs on all sides. Pre-heat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Sauté all of the vegetables in a braising pot or roasting pan.
- Deglaze (pour the wine into the pan and stir for 20 seconds on low heat).
- Add the ribs back into to the braising pot and cover with beef stock.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 375°F (190°C) for 3.5 hours or until done.
- Let rest for 45 min, remove from liquid, remove the bone and cool. Portion out and serve.
- Continue reducing the braising liquid until you have reached your desired taste and consistency.
Want to try other Braised delicacies? Check out the Travelzoo deal here.