With its majestic wildlife and rich history -- plus lingering buzz from this year's World Cup -- South Africa is emerging as a top must-see destination for travelers worldwide. Plan an adventure here with the help of a new 10-night escorted tour package specially priced at $2699, including airfare.
This deal from Gate 1 Travel knocks as much as $700 off comparable packages and includes:
- Roundtrip air to Johannesburg from New York City or Washington, D.C.; returning from Cape Town
- Intra-South Africa flight
- 10 nights in modern, well-reviewed hotels (two in Johannesburg, two in Hazyview, one in Swaziland, one in St. Lucia, four in Cape Town)
- All transportation within the country
- 15 meals: 10 breakfasts, one lunch, four dinners
- Sightseeing tours, entrance fees and an English-speaking tour manager throughout
Departures: Sept. 15, 22, 29
Highlights of this expansive itinerary include:
- Half-day tour of Soweto township
- Driving the scenic Panorama Route from Johannesburg to Hazyview
- Game drive through Kruger National Park
- Visit to Swaziland, an independent Kingdom within South Africa's borders
- Game drive through Hluhluwe-Umfolozi Game Reserve -- famous for its conservation of black and white rhinos
- Cruise on the St. Lucia Estuary -- known for its diverse wildlife, including crocodiles, sea turtles and sharks
- Tour of Cape Town, Table Mountain and Cape Peninsula
International and domestic airport taxes of up to approximately $220 per person will be applied to the final price.
Note: This offer is available from more departure cities at an additional cost: Fly from Boston, Charlotte or Detroit for an additional $61; Houston for $83 more; or Chicago for an additional $109. For other cities and prices, contact Gate 1 directly.
Book by Jan. 5.