By Travelzoo Staff
Paddle through the Hawaii Kai Marina and into the picturesque Maunalua Bay in a double-hull outrigger canoe, a vessel used by native Hawaiians for more than 2,000 years. Just $24 (regularly $49) gets you a spot on a two-hour double-hull canoe tour, including 30 minutes of instruction, equipment review and a brief history of the boat.
Why we love it
- Snag a spot on a double-hull canoe tour of Maunalua Bay for $24 (reg. $49)
- This 2-hour tour has a 100% positive feedback rating from Travelzoo subscribers
- Rowers can spot whales, dolphins and turtles
- Outrigger canoeing is an ancient Hawaiian sport with a 2,000-year history
- Or get a 2-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson for $34, regularly $69
Feb. 27, 2013 - Aug. 27, 2013
Hawaiian Surf Adventure
7192 Kalanianaole Hwy.
Honolulu, HI 96825
- On the tour -- which has a 100% positive feedback rating from Travelzoo subscribers -- a professional instructor will teach you about the ancient art of open-ocean canoe travel. Rowers can spot marine life like whales, dolphins and turtles as they float past the affluent Hawaii Kai neighborhood and along the peaceful bay. Each canoe can accommodate up to 11 people. Tours are offered Monday-Friday at 10 a.m. and 1 p.m. and Saturday at 2:30 p.m.
- Or opt for a two-hour stand-up paddleboard lesson for $34, regularly $69. Paddleboard lessons can accommodate up to six people per group and include 20 minutes of land instruction. Lessons are available Monday-Saturday at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Feb. 27, through Aug. 27, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability; must be made at least 24 hours in advance. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional may be purchased as gifts. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 5 years of age to canoe and 8 years of age to paddleboard. If under 18, must have a guardian present before the tour to sign a waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms