By Amanda Retzer
Take to the waters with a surf lesson from Kai Sallas' Pro Surf School in Waikiki, ranked among the top three tours on the island by TripAdvisor users.
Why we love it
- Earns a perfect 5-star average rating from more than 140 TripAdvisor users
- Kai Sallas was ranked the second-best longboard surfer in the world in 2011
- "Wonderful experience that I would recommend to anyone," says a past Travelzoo guest
- Takes place on a secluded section of Waikiki Beach, away from the tourist-populated spots
March 4, 2014 - Dec. 31, 2014
Kai Sallas' Pro Surf School Hawaii
2552 Kalakaua Ave. P160
In the Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
Honolulu, HI 96815
- $99 per person (reg. $214) for a two-hour surf lesson and five days of board rental
Begin with a 20-minute introduction to surfing on land, then spend over an hour and a half in the water
- $159 (reg. $428) for two people to get a two-hour lesson and five-day board rental each
Includes transportation to a less-crowded beach, board, surf leash, rash guard and surf booties
Lessons are at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily.
Snag two nights at a newly renovated resort
for $210 just two blocks from Waikiki Beach.
The fine print
Valid March 4, 2014 - Dec. 31, 2014. Lessons are at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily. Lesson reservations required at least 72 hours in advance; subject to availability. Tax, if applicable, and gratuity are not included. Please tip on the full value. 24-hour cancellation policy applies; voucher subject to forfeiture. Must be 11 or older to participate. Lessons and rentals subject to weather and availability. Limit one purchase per person; may buy three additional as gifts. If limit is exceeded, voucher subject to forfeiture.
See all terms