By Travelzoo Staff
USA Today Travel
recommends the scenic train rides from the Coopersville & Marne Railway Company. With this Local Deal, up to four people can ride on this classic train, pulled by a historic 1952 electromotor diesel/electric engine. For $11.50, two can take this trip for half the normal rate of $23, or four can travel for $21 and save even more
on the regular $46 price.
Why we love it
- For $11.50, 2 can embark on a train ride with the Coopersville & Marne historic railway
- These deals represent a savings even when used for senior and kids fares
- USA Today's Travel Tips recommends the 14-mile roundtrip ride through the countryside
- Excursion trips are available through August; buy now and plan a trip during the summer
- Reserve seats on the popular "Bunny Train" starting at $15.50 for a fun Easter outing
March 4, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
The Coopersville & Marne Railway Company
311 E. Danforth St.
Coopersville, MI 49404
- These "excursion" trips depart from Coopersville starting in May, just a half-hour west of Grand Rapids and minutes from I-96. Passengers can board any of four historic train cars, some of which were in service in Canada as well as on the famous "City of New Orleans" run from the Crescent City to Chicago. During a stop halfway through the trip in Marne, passengers can watch the locomotive switch positions or explore other parts of the train itself.
- Travelzoo also has a limited number of seats for the popular springtime "Bunny Train," with departures starting March 16. Featuring a visit from the Easter Bunny, Quack the Duck, the Springtime Princess and more, this trip features entertainment, songs and a gift for every child from the Easter Bunny's basket. Two can hop aboard for $15.50, and a family of four can ride for $29.
The fine print
Vouchers for the Bunny Train can be redeemed March 16-17, 23-24 and 30. Excursion trip vouchers can be redeemed May 15 through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations for excursion trips are not required; must reserve by phone for "Bunny Train" seating. Please arrive 20 minutes before scheduled departure time. Children under 2 years old ride for free. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms