By Travelzoo Staff
The Blue Heron Bridge area in Riviera Beach "has become internationally recognized by scientists, scuba divers, underwater photographers, and snorkelers for its abundance of unique marine life," according to Palm Beach County Parks & Recreation. Travelzoo subscribers can snorkel around this vibrant area alongside an expert guide, spotting stingrays, starfish and even octopus, for $25 per person including gear rental, regularly $55.
Why we love it
- Snorkel alongside expert diver Laura Parke in the Blue Heron Bridge area in Riviera Beach
- Palm Beach County Parks & Rec says it's "internationally recognized" for its "abundance of unique marine life"
- Spend up to 90 minutes underwater with a chance to see manatees, stringrays and octopus
- Laura has more than 30 years of diving experience
- She also has 39,000 hits on YouTube for her instructional diving videos
March 6, 2013 - Sept. 6, 2013
Private Scuba Lessons
900 E. Blue Heron Blvd.
Riviera Beach, FL 33404
- Enter the water with master diving instructor Laura Parke, who carries more than 30 years of diving experience and is also a registered nurse. The trip starts at Phil Foster Park, where Laura will begin with a briefing on how to use the equipment and divers will dress into fitted wet suits. Then ease into the water from the shore; Laura will assist all divers (four to eight per group) while sharing history and facts about the lagoon and underwater life.
- Spend up to 90 minutes exploring the area, which gets as deep as 15 feet and is filled with more than 650 species of fish, turtles, stingrays, octopus, starfish and even an underwater shipwreck.
Be sure to check out the quarter-mile "snorkeling trail," made from more than 16 tons of boulders that were dropped in the lagoon to draw even more fish to the area. The rocks have soft coral growing on them, resulting in a man-made reef.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11, through Sept. 6, 2013. Reservations are required and must be made at least 1 week in advance. Trips depart on Mondays at 10 a.m. and Wednesdays and Fridays at 2 p.m. Subject to weather conditions. Instructor reserves all rights to determine physical capabilities and limitations of each person. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms