By Travelzoo Staff
Tucked away within the slopes of the Blue Ridge Mountains near Shenandoah National Park, Little Washington Winery boasts "some of the most impressive panoramic views in the state,"
according to Chesapeake Home + Living magazine. For $30, regularly $60, Travelzoo subscribers can learn about wine and food pairings during a two-hour Wine Immersion Bootcamp including lunch and a vineyard tour for two.
Why we love it
- Learn how to pair wine with food at Little Washington Winery, rated 4 stars on TripAdvisor
- For $30, 2 can take a 2-hour Wine Immersion Bootcamp including lunch and a tour
- Chesapeake Home + Living magazine ranks it as one of the "hottest spots in Virginia wine country"
- Or save more with this same deal for 4 for $50, regularly $120
- The Washington, Va., vineyard is located only 70 miles outside of downtown D.C.
April 28, 2013 - Oct. 6, 2013
Little Washington Winery
72 Christmas Tree Lane
Washington, VA 22747
- Seminars are available Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. into October at the Washington, Va., winery located 70 miles from downtown D.C. Led by winemaker Carl Henrickson, classes begin with a basic wine and food pairing overview, including a quick geography lesson on different wine regions. Also cover the basics of wine etiquette and techniques on aeration, wine blending and at-home winemaking.
- The seminar continues with a focus on molecular food and wine pairing that Food & Wine magazine highlights for its surprising results. During the session, students sample cheese and chocolates and build their own sandwich using the molecular approach that consists of green apple, cucumber, mint, goat cheese and smoked salmon. The seminar will conclude with a Q&A.
- Or for an additional $20, save more and get this same deal for four people. This package would normally cost $120.
Little Washington Winery prides itself as a "snob-free zone"; prior wine knowledge is not required and questions are encouraged.
The fine print
Note: Number of vouchers sold is limited, each deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, May 5, through Oct. 6, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Follow voucher instructions to make an online reservation. Valid Saturdays and Sundays at 11 a.m. only. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 21 or older with valid ID to attend. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Minimum of 8 participants are required per session; dates with fewer than 8 participants will be rescheduled. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms