By Travelzoo Staff
The Washington Post
says to expect "a rustic atmosphere" when visiting Loudoun County's oldest winery atop the Catoctin Ridge. Only an hour drive from downtown Washington, D.C., Travelzoo subscribers can escape to Willowcroft Farm Vineyards for one of its upcoming wine-tasting events for $15 for two, regularly $30.
Why we love it
- For $15, 2 can attend 1 of the vineyard events at Willowcroft Farm Vineyards in Leesburg, Va.
- Regularly $30, this deal includes complimentary wine tastings including 7 pours per person
- Also receive a $10 credit toward any bottle of wine to take home
- The vineyard is only an hour away from downtown Washington, D.C.
- Afterward, guests can enjoy the scenic grounds that boast panoramic views of Loudoun Valley and the Blue Ridge Mountains
Sept. 10, 2012 - Dec. 30, 2012
Willowcroft Farm Vineyards
38906 Mt. Gilead Rd.
Leesburg, VA 20175
- This deal includes a $10 store credit and complimentary wine tasting, which includes seven pours per person. Try wines like Chardonnay, Seyval, Riesling, Cabernet Franc, Merlot or the 2009 Petit Verdot, which won a gold medal at the Town Point Virginia Wine Competition.
- Reservations are available every half hour from 12-4 p.m. for the following events:
- Wine and cheese pairing incorporating various imported cheeses (Sept. 30)
- Wine and chocolate featuring chocolate fondue, assorted seasonal fruits and cakes (Oct. 14 and 28)
- Spaghetti Sundays in November including a plate of pasta served with bread (Nov. 4, 11, 18 and 25)
- S'mores weekends in December including freshly made s'mores with a cup of hot chocolate to enjoy inside or on the vineyard picnic grounds (Dec. 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23 and 29-30)
- Buy a voucher now and decide on the event of your choice later. Early reservations are recommended as spots for specific events may fill up quickly.
The fine print
Note: Number of available vouchers is limited to 70 per event, so advanced booking is recommended. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Sunday, Sept. 30, through Dec. 30, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Call or email email@example.com to make a reservation. Reservations are required for all events at least 1 week in advance; spots for specific events may fill quickly. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Not valid for group tastings of 6 or more. Valid only on the following event dates: Sept. 30; Oct. 14, 28; Nov. 4, 11, 18 and 25; Dec. 1-2, 8-9, 15-16, 22-23 and 29-30. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms