By Travelzoo Staff
Find sanctuary in Tucson at what Fodor's describes as a "charming hacienda-style hotel" that offers "modern comfort in an old world setting." Tuck in for the night from Oct. 1 - Dec. 30 -- including weekends -- with this exclusive deal at the Lodge on the Desert for $139 (regularly $230). Plus, guests receive a $50 credit to spend at the hotel's farm-to-table restaurant.
Why we love it
- Backed by views of the Santa Catalina Mountains and pathways lined by palm trees and cacti, amenities at the hotel include a pool with a gas fireplace on the deck -- perfect for sitting by in the evening -- a hot tub and complimentary croquet. At the day's end, guests will retreat to spacious rooms featuring 10-foot ceilings and contemporary Southwestern decor.
- The restaurant's chef, Ryan Clark, was awarded "Tucson Iron Chef" in both 2011 and 2012, and his menu embodies the "slow food" movement. Dishes such as the steamed red-corn tamales are chock full of locally sourced ingredients. The intimate restaurant's floor-to-ceiling windows overlook a patio with a four-sided fireplace for year-round alfresco dining.
- About the location: This desert hideaway has multiple golf courses nearby and is less than five miles from the Tucson Botanical Gardens, Museum of Art and Reid Park Zoo. Tucson International Airport is 15 minutes away.
Lodge on the Desert
306 North Alvernon Way
Tucson, AZ 85711
What's included & when
- Sept. 17, 2012 - Dec. 31, 2012
- Getaway for 2 at the historic hacienda-style Lodge on the Desert for 40% off regular prices
- $139 per night in a Traditional King, Deluxe King or Deluxe Double Queen room with Southwest decor
- $50 to spend at the hotel's farm-to-table restaurant
- Includes parking and Wi-Fi; unlike many Arizona hotels, this one charges no resort fee
- Visit any day of the week from Oct. 1 - Dec. 30
- Buy multiple vouchers to stay multiple nights
- Last-minute special: Book this deal for September for $119 per night including the $50 credit
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 877-498-6776 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Oct. 19-20; Nov. 9-10. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms