By Travelzoo Staff
Travel back in time with this historic railroad ride along Lake Whatcom. For $25 (half off), two adults can go on this scenic 1.5-hour journey featured in Fodor's. You can also snag child tickets (ages 3-17) for $6, regularly $12.50 each. Subscribers who went on this ride called it "absolutely wonderful," praising the "historic atmosphere and the scenery."
Why we love it
- Board a 100-year-old train for this nostalgic ride
- Journey takes you past lake shores and through forest
- Coaches date back to 1910 and are restored to vintage condition
- Past purchasers called it "absolutely wonderful"
June 21, 2013 - Aug. 31, 2013
Lake Whatcom Railway
200 Valley Hwy.
Sedro-Woolley, WA 98284
Tel: 360-595-2218 or 360-441-0719
- Rides take place on 100-year-old steam-powered trains (trains are currently running on diesel power). After departing the station near Sedro-Woolley, the train traverses along Highway 9, by the shores of Lake Whatcom and Mirror Lake and into the surrounding forest. The journey pauses briefly at a meadow, where passengers can disembark and explore the area, including a short hike to a nearby waterfall.
- The passenger coaches date from 1910 to 1925 and were formerly used on the Northern Pacific Railway to the east and south of Seattle. They are fully restored to their historic condition; check out videos of the experience.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, July 6, through Aug. 31, 2013. Reservations required; must be made at least 48 hours in advance. Rides sell out quickly; it is recommended to book desired date as early as possible. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional may be purchased as gifts. Rides run Saturdays only, departing at noon. Must be used in 1 visit. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms