By Travelzoo Staff
Subscribers now have the opportunity to observe some of Washington's most magnificent creatures with an orca whale-watching tour around the San Juan Islands. For $55 a person, regularly up to $109, take off on a three- to five-hour trip with Outer Island Expeditions as you search for orcas as well as gray whales, humpbacks, porpoises, seals, otters, eagles and more from one of three locations: Orcas Island (Eastsound), Lopez Island or Anacortes.
Why we love it
- Catch sight of orca whales with this whale-watching trip for $55 per person, reg. up to $109
- Depart from your choice of 3 locations: Orcas Island (Eastsound), Lopez Island or Anacortes
- This trip travels up to 100 miles around the San Juan Islands
- Also spot gray whales, porpoises, seals, eagles and more
- You can even listen to the whales; the boat is equipped with hydrophones
March 28, 2013 - Oct. 31, 2013
Outer Island Expeditions
- You'll cruise the waters in a high-speed, long-range boat led by an experienced captain and trained naturalists who will provide details about the marine mammals, botany, birds, history and geology of the area. The boat is also equipped with hydrophones that enable passengers to listen to the whales. Take advantage of the complimentary binoculars to scope out the wildlife, and if you get hungry, snacks and drinks are available for purchase onboard.
- Orcas Island tours launch April 15; Lopez Island and Anacortes tours launch May 27. Trips depart from Orcas Island three times a day: 10 a.m., 2 p.m. and 5-6 p.m. (depending on sunset time). Trips depart from Lopez Island at 1:30-2 p.m. and Anacortes at 1 p.m.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 15, or Monday, May 27 (depending on location), through Oct. 31, 2013. Call to confirm tour times. Reservations are required; subject to availability and weather. Valid 7 days a week until June 15; starting June 16, this deal is not valid on Saturdays. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional may be purchased as gifts. Valid for children and adults. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. A fuel surcharge of up to $5 may apply. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms