By Travelzoo Staff
For the "ultimate northwest experience, book a cruise to Blake Island's Tillicum Village," says Washington Magazine. With this deal from Argosy Cruises, subscribers can absorb the area's rich native culture with a four-hour excursion to Tillicum Village for $59 (reg. $90). The trip includes a roundtrip boat cruise, "iconic" cultural show (Seattle Times), a buffet dinner with live salmon bake plus a 5-by-7 photograph of you on the cruise.
Why we love it
- Tillicum Village on Blake Island offers the "ultimate northwest experience" (Washington Mag)
- Go on a 4-hour tour including cruise, dinner buffet and cultural show
- The dinner features a live king salmon bake, roasted on an alder-wood fire
- Observe the dances and customs of the Northwest Coast Salish Indians
May 2, 2013 - Oct. 27, 2013
Pier 55 on the Seattle Central Waterfront
1101 Alaskan Way
Seattle, WA 98101
- The excursion begins with a 45-minute cruise from Pier 55 across Puget Sound to Blake Island. Once there you will be greeted by an appetizer of "amazing" steamed clams in nectar (Washington Mag). Make your way to the live salmon barbecue and watch king salmon cook on cedar stakes over a roaring alder-wood fire.
- Then feast on a buffet dinner, including the salmon flavored with signature juniper berry seasoning; Northwest stew with bison, beef and venison; wild grain harvest rice; salad; fruit; and dessert.
- After dinner, catch The Shaman's Odyssey, a theatrical presentation of customs, beliefs and dances of the Northwest Coast Salish Indians. After the show, feel free to explore the grounds, including the beachfront and nature trails, and gift shop before heading back to the boat for the return trip.
- One of the Northwest's longest-running theatrical programs, Tillicum Village draws tens of thousands of visitors every summer and completed a $1.7-million upgrade in 2011.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed for cruises starting Saturday, May 18, through Oct. 27, 2013. Reservations are required by phone and subject to availability; reservations can be made starting Monday, May 6. Please wait 24 hours after voucher is purchased to make reservation. Check calendar here. Not valid on holidays, holiday weekends or special events, including Mother's Day, Father's Day, July 4 and Dog Day on Elliott Bay. Book in advance for Saturdays. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms