By Travelzoo Staff
Woodland Park Zoo's "Real Close Tour" just started for the season, and Travelzoo subscribers can slip behind the scenes of the zoo Frommer's
rates "highly recommended" for $19, including all-day admission (normally $32.75). Frommer's praises the "sprawling" award-winning zoo's "outstanding exhibits," and TripAdvisor users rate it 4.5 stars.
Why we love it
- Slip behind the scenes of Woodland Park Zoo for a "Real Close Tour" for $19 per adult, including admission
- Or, purchase adult admission alone for $8
- TripAdvisor users give the Woodland Park Zoo a 4.5-star rating
- See more than 300 species of animals across 92 acres
- Frommer's praises the "sprawling" zoo's "outstanding exhibits"
- The zoo has won 2 awards for its conservation efforts this year
Nov. 30, 2012 - March 31, 2013
Woodland Park Zoo
- First, view the behind-the-scenes habitats of eagles, Arctic foxes and grizzly bears that regular park-goers can't see. Then peek into the zoo’s prep kitchen, where the food for about 1,100 animals is stored and prepped. At the end of the tour, you'll have the option to explore the rest of the zoo on your own.
- Or for $8, regularly $11.75, bypass the tour and head straight to the park for the day. Tours run Friday-Sunday at 10:45 a.m. The zoo opens at 9:30 a.m.
At the end of the tour, ask to feed the zoo’s Humboldt penguins between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. for an additional $5 fee.
The fine print
Update: The 'Real Close Tour' offer is sold out, but general admission is still available. The number of available vouchers is limited, so this deal might sell out before the "Time left to buy" expires. Tour vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Dec. 8, and admission vouchers starting Tuesday, Dec. 4, both through March 31, 2013. Tour reservations are required; A minimum of 48 hours’ notice is recommended. Call 206-545-2022 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve. Must be at least 5 years old to participate in tour. Zoo admission reservations are not required. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms