By Travelzoo Staff
Paddle through a series of roller coaster rapids -- with daredevil names like Satan's Cesspool and Recovery Room -- on the South Fork of the American River with American Whitewater Expeditions, which earns a 4.5-star average Yelp rating.
Why we love it
- Jump start your summer with this 15-mile rafting and wine-tasting adventure
- For $189, book ahead for the 2-night trip that leaves 3 times a week through September
- This package includes 2 nights of camping and all meals
- American Whitewater Expeditions earns a 4.5-star rating from Yelp users
- Outside magazine featured the American River on its 2012 Best Fall Whitewater list
- For $40 more, try out the more challenging Middle Fork trip
March 8, 2013 - Sept. 28, 2013
American Whitewater Expeditions
5981 New River Road
Coloma, CA 95613
- For $189 per person (half the regular price), the two-night rafting and wine-tasting trip includes all rafting gear, meals and use of a campsite in Coloma, a historic miner's town that gave birth to California's Gold Rush.
- In addition to a day on the river, you'll spend a day touring four to five wineries in the Sierra Nevada foothills. Food & Wine gives props to this up-and-coming wine region that's recently "come into its own."
- Available on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturday through September, this package includes all meals (two breakfasts, two lunches and a barbecue dinner), use of the campsite amenities (pool, modern restrooms and showers), rafting gear, instruction and transportation. Camping gear is not included, but you can bring your own or rent it from the merchant for $25. More information on the trip can be found here.
- For $40 more (paid directly to the merchant), traverse the American's Middle Fork -- a slightly more challenging ride dotted with Class II, III and IV rapids.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, March 11 Trips leave every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday through Sept. 28, 2013. Weekend trips fill up quickly; please book in advance. Must be 21 or older to book this deal. Reservations are required. An 8% river use fee is not included. Rafting gear is provided; camping gear is not included but available for rent from the merchant. Vouchers are subject to the merchant's cancellation policy. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms