By Travelzoo Staff
Deemed a "temple of nature" by naturalist John Muir, Yosemite National Park, a World Heritage Site, attracts outdoor lovers year-round who come to admire its numerous waterfalls, granite peaks and towering forests. This exclusive two-night, $130 getaway offers visitors a unique experience with a stay in an updated version of a yurt. This massive canvas dwelling sleeps up to four and features a full kitchen, a private bathroom, a barbeque and even satellite TV. Just five miles from the park's west gate entrance, this is a savings of 50% on regular prices.
Why we love it
- Visit Nov. 19 - March 31. Frommer’s says, “Winter is a great time to visit Yosemite: Not only is the park virtually empty, but there are also a number of winter-only activities, from cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and ice skating.”
- Yurts combine the fun of camping with conveniences like a private bathroom and a full kitchen with a stove top, a microwave and a refrigerator. Those looking to grill up dinner can step outside to barbecue on the deck. After roasting some marshmallows, get cozy in the queen-size bed or the sleeper sofa.
- Upgrade to a meadow yurt for $20 more or a yurt set along the scenic Tuolumne River for $40 more. Each River Yurt has a queen-size bed with a lofted twin bed and a sleeper sofa.
- Every kind of outdoor enthusiast will find something to love about this area. The park is a playground for hikers, bikers, bird-watchers and nature photographers. There are also free walks with park rangers offered year-round for visitors to learn more about Yosemite’s geology, plant life, early inhabitants and more.
- Sacramento is a 2.5-hour drive away, and San Francisco is a three-hour drive.
Yosemite Lakes RV (part of Equity Lifestyle Properties)
31191 Hardin Flat Rd.
Groveland, CA 95321
What's included & when
- Nov. 15, 2012 - March 28, 2013
- Escape to the awe-inspiring wilderness of Yosemite National Park with a 2-night getaway to Yosemite Lakes
- $130 for a 2-night stay, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals, in a hill yurt that sleeps 4 (reg. $238)
- Each heated yurt features a queen bed; sleeper sofa; private bathroom; full kitchen with stove, microwave and refrigerator; and private deck with a grill
- Includes 7-night Yosemite National Park passes for 2 (reg. $20)
- Upgrade: Spend 2 nights in a meadow yurt for $150 or in a yurt along the river for $170, Sunday-Wednesday arrivals
- Travel Nov. 19 - March 31
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call Yosemite Lakes directly at 877-570-2267 and mention booking code TRAVELZOO to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Nov. 21, 25; Dec. 23-26, 30-31; Jan. 1-2. Note: A $3 daily utility fee will be charged upon arrival. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. There is a maximum of 2 vouchers per person. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms