By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can roll up their sleeves and make meals paired with complementary wines and beverages in this three-hour cooking class at Cafe Merlot, recommended by the San Diego Union-Tribune
for its "great food." Located on the grounds of Bernardo Winery, Southern California's oldest winery and a New York Times
pick, the restaurant is offering this chef-led class for just $25 per person, regularly $60 (or $49 for two, regularly $120).
Why we love it
- For $25, learn to cook meals paired with beverages in this 3-hour class at Cafe Merlot
- Subscribers save more than 55% on the regular price
- Each session has a theme, like "Tapas and Tango" or "Pastas, Pizzas and Fresh Herb Sauces"
- San Diego Union-Tribune recommended the restaurant for its "great food"
- Make it a date for $49, regularly $120 (makes a unique Valentine's Day gift)
Feb. 6, 2013 - Aug. 7, 2013
13330 Paseo Del Verano Norte
San Diego, CA 92128
- With this deal, you can select any class on the calendar through early August, like:
- "Early Spring Favorite Recipes" (March 26) - Incorporate local produce into various recipes, including a veal dish, and pair with light chardonnays and sauvignon blancs
- "Appetizers/Tapas and Tango" (April 23) - Prepare appetizers for entertaining, paired with sangria and music
- "Breakfast for Dinner" (April 26) - Whip up European brunch staples and pair with various coffee drinks
- "Pastas, Pizzas and Fresh Herb Sauces" (June 11) - Create Italian specialties from fresh local ingredients, paired with red and rose wines
- "Move Over Men - BBQ" (June 25) - Learn how to dry rub, sauce mop and grill, paired with home-brew recipes
- Students will dine on their creations after completing the recipes. All food, supplies and beverage pairings are included in this deal. Classes take place multiple times a month.
The fine print
Note: Number of vouchers sold is limited, so this deal may sell out before the 'Time to Buy' has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed starting from the date of the first available class through Aug. 7, 2013. Check online for class schedule. Reservations are required by phone and subject to availability. There is a minimum of 20 students and maximum of 50 students per class. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms