By Travelzoo Staff
Plan ahead for a summer rafting trip down the American River with an exclusive presale offer. With this Local Deal from Adventure Connection, take your pick between a trip down the Class III South Fork rapids for $79 per person (regularly $160) or brave the more advanced Class IV rapids of the North Fork for $89 per person (regularly $183).
Why we love it
- For $79 per person, race down the rapids of the American River, regularly $160
- This offer on the South Fork has Class III rapids and calmer stretches, geared toward beginner and intermediate rafters
- Or, for $89 per person, take a more advanced rafting trip on the North Fork with Class IV rapids
- Buy a voucher and book your trip now; use later this spring or summer
- Both all-day deals include lunch and all land and river use fees
Feb. 19, 2013 - Aug. 1, 2013
6500 State Highway 49
Lotus, CA 95651
- Select one of the following all-day trips:
- South Fork American River: This popular trip is good for beginners and features a mix of low- to medium-intensity rapids over the course of 13 miles
- North Fork American River: More experienced rafters can feel the rush of paddling through 10 miles of medium- to high-intensity white-water rapids; please note that this trip runs from April 6 - May 27
- Both offers include a break to eat a deli or barbecue lunch along the riverbank.
- For more information on either trip, including directions to the campsites, click the links on the respective trip names.
The fine print
Vouchers for the South Fork trip can redeemed starting at the beginning of rafting season, in early May, depending on weather conditions; call ahead to confirm availability. South Fork trips can be booked through Aug. 1, 2013; North Fork trips only run April 6 - May 27, 2013. Each voucher is valid for 1 person. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Riders must be at least 7 years old for the South Fork trip; must be at least 14 years old for the North Fork trip. Subject to severe weather conditions. Reservations are subject to the specific rescheduling/cancellation policy of Adventure Connection. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms