By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can feel their adrenaline pumping when they get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $159, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend who was just inducted into the Hall of Fame. This 2-hour "Qualifier" package saves $160 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $159, regularly $319, drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at the Richmond International Raceway
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes an orientation session followed by a race around the track
- Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
March 26, 2013 - Dec. 31, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
Richmond International Raceway
600 E. Laburnum Ave.
Richmond, VA 23222
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an 8-lap race around the short track. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
Current dates for races and ride-alongs are April 5-6, May 10-11, June 7-8, Oct. 11-12, and Nov. 15-16. Reservations are required and can be made here. Subject to availability, weather and track conditions. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license to drive; must be 14 or older to participate in a ride-along. Drivers must be between 5-feet and 6-feet, 7-inches tall, and between 100-300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms