By Travelzoo Staff
Escape the city for a wine-tasting experience for two with this exclusive Local Deal from Detour Winery in Keymar, Md., less than 70 miles from downtown Baltimore and Washington, D.C. For $10, regularly $20, visit the 35-acre vineyard that just opened last December and has already received awards from the 2012 Winemasters Choice and 36th International Eastern Wine Competition.
Why we love it
- For $10, spend an afternoon at Detour Winery in Keymar, Md.
- Regularly $20, this deal includes 2 wine tastings and 2 souvenir glasses to take home
- The winery received numerous awards from the 2012 Winemasters Choice and 36th International Eastern Wine Competition
- Visit the winery on a Saturday or Sunday and take a guided winery tour offered at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Detour Winery is less than 70 miles from downtown Baltimore and Washington, D.C.
Sept. 11, 2012 - Dec. 6, 2012
7933 Forest and Stream Club Rd
Keymar, MD 21757
- Visit the vineyard on Thursday-Sunday for an afternoon that includes:
- Guided winery tour, which is offered on Saturdays and Sundays only at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. and includes a walk through the vineyard grounds (weather permitting)
- Two wine tastings including 15 pours per person that includes both reds and whites such as 2011 Crimson Glory Dry, Alpine Frost, Pear fruit wine, Passion red raspberry dessert wine or Winter Solstice ice wine
- Two souvenir glasses to take home
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Sept. 13, through Dec. 6, 2012. Reservations are not required. Call ahead to make sure the winery is not closed for a private event. Not valid on major holidays; blackout dates include Sept. 15-16. The vineyard is open from 12-5 p.m. on Thursdays and Fridays and from 12-6 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Tastings are offered anytime during operating hours; tours are offered at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays only. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms