By Travelzoo Staff
Escape to the Sierras this winter at a romantic timber lodge hideaway. For $149, stay tucked next to the 1.2 million-acre Plumas National Forest, which Frommer's calls a "beautiful example" of the area's famed wide-open spaces. This exclusive two-night getaway at Chalet View Lodge in Portola, Calif., shaves 45% off current rates.
Why we love it
- Lounge in a Resort Room with heated floors and a separate loft area, or upgrade to a two-night package in a multilevel Terrace Suite with river rock fireplace and mountain views for $199. Travel through April, including weekends.
- Wake up to a complimentary breakfast and then explore the nearby trails with bike, sled, or snowshoe rentals. In warmer weather, hit the links on the nine-hole golf course on property.
- After a day of activities, sit down at the on-site restaurant, The Grille, featuring a full bar and dining choices from pizza to steak frites.
- Portola is five miles east of Graeagle, 45 minutes northwest of Reno, three hours from Sacramento and four hours from San Francisco.
Chalet View Lodge
72056 California 70
Portola, CA 96122
What's included & when
- Feb. 4, 2013 - April 30, 2013
- Quaint mountain retreat for 2 at Chalet View Lodge for 45% off
- $149 for 2 nights in a Resort Room
- $199 for 2 nights in a 2-story Terrace Suite
- $15 daily dining credit at The Grille
- 20% off snowmobile tours and spa treatments
- Daily continental breakfast
- Travel through April, including weekends
- Portola is 3 hours from Sacramento and 4 hours from San Francisco
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 530-412-0366. to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. Not available on: Feb. 14-16. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms