By Travelzoo Staff
A public course since 1947, Peninsula Golf Course in Long Beach is just north of the mouth of the Columbia River, dubbed the "Graveyard of the Pacific" for its infamously treacherous currents and sunken ships. Travelzoo has negotiated a deal for golfers wanting to hit a few in this historic town: For $35, two can tee off any day of the week with cart rental and beers included, regularly $72.
Why we love it
- Golf in Long Beach this fall through next spring for $35, half off regular rates
- This 33-par, 9-hole, 18-tee course is located just north of downtown Long Beach
- This deal is valid 7 days a week for 2 people and includes cart rental and beers
- Save even more with a voucher for 4 people for $69 (regularly $144)
- Use this deal starting now till the end of April
Oct. 24, 2012 - April 26, 2013
Peninsula Golf Course
9604 Pacific Avenue
Long Beach, WA 98631
- Located about two hours southwest of Olympia and Tacoma, the par-33, nine-hole course spans 55 acres and features putting and chipping practice areas. Each hole is named after a ship that sunk in the Columbia River in the 19th or 20th century. There is an option to play nine or 18 tees; read more about each hole here.
- Peninsula's clubhouse was renovated last year, complete with the new restaurant The Cove, which offers house-made soups and sandwiches.
- For even greater savings, buy a voucher for four people for $69 (regularly $144). Use this deal for the remainder of the 2012 season and the first quarter of 2013.
The course is dog friendly, so feel free to bring yours along and let him ride with you in the cart.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Oct. 26, through April 26, 2013. Tee times are required and are subject to availability and weather conditions. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; up to 3 additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms