By Travelzoo Staff
Wander trails on horseback and get sweeping views of the Sonoran Desert with this exclusive deal on a guided trail ride. For $29 per person, regularly $60, Travelzoo subscribers can take this 1.5-hour excursion suitable for all skill levels with MacDonald's Ranch, rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and 4 stars on Yelp.
Why we love it
- For $29 per person, regularly $60, take a 1.5-hour horseback ride at MacDonald's Ranch
- Ride through 1,280 scenic acres of the Sonoran Desert and get sweeping mountain views
- The ranch is rated 4.5 stars on TripAdvisor and 4 stars on Yelp
- The Phoenix New Times called it the Best Place to See the State Bird
- Rides are suitable for all skill levels
Dec. 28, 2012 - June 28, 2013
26540 N. Scottsdale Rd.
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
- As you amble through the valley with the McDowell Mountains to the east and Camelback Mountain to the south, a seasoned wrangler will point out desert flora and fauna like rattlesnakes, coyotes, rabbits and hawks -- Phoenix New Times named this ranch the Best Place to See the State Bird.
- Rides run daily through March, then Tuesday-Sunday starting in April. The ranch also offers a free petting zoo for kids, as well as classic Western games like cowboy golf and horseshoe pits.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Dec. 28, through June 28, 2013. Reservations are required; subject to availability and weather conditions. Beginning in April, the ranch is closed Mondays. Limited Saturday and Sunday availability in March and April. Not valid on major holidays and holiday weekends. Not valid for moonlight or private trail rides. Must be 5 years old or older. Must weigh 260 pounds or less. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must sign waiver. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms