By Travelzoo Staff
Dating back to the ancient Egyptians, "rok-cooking" is a grilling technique that uses a 752-degree volcanic stone to sear various meats. With a $49 four-course dinner for two, Travelzoo subscribers can see this method in action at the three-month-old RokPrime Steakhouse & Grille in downtown San Juan Capistrano. This meal would regularly cost $106.
Why we love it
- Select prime cuts and seafood that are cooked on a 752-degree volcanic stone
- This $49, 4-course dinner for 2 includes 2 soups or salads, a shared appetizer, 2 entrees with 2 sides and 1 shared dessert
- This new restaurant is in downtown San Juan Capistrano
- For $90, get this dinner for 4 people
May 16, 2013 - Aug. 19, 2013
RokPrime Steakhouse & Grille
31761 Camino Capistrano
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
- Rokprime uses USDA Prime cuts and fresh seafood that are free of hormones or antibiotics, served in a shabby chic dining room. By using the volcanic rock, this dry-cooking style does not require any added oil or fat, which creates healthy, flavorful dishes. The dinner includes the following:
- Two soups or salads (up to $9 each), such as tomato-basil soup and the strawberry-spinach salad
- One shared appetizer, such as shrimp cocktail or grilled whole artichoke
- Two entrees: a choice of Chilean sea bass (reg. $30), filet mignon (reg. $28), half roasted chicken (reg. $19) or braised short ribs (reg. $22)
- Two side dishes (one included with each entree), like the roasted-garlic mashed potatoes or sauteed wild mushrooms
- One shared dessert, including chocolate fondue or warm butter cake
- Two non-alcoholic beverages, including soft drinks, lemonade, coffee/latte and tea (up to $5 each)
- For a look at the full menu, click here.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed immediately upon purchase, through Aug. 19, 2013. Reservations are required; subject to availability. Limit 2 vouchers per table of 4 people or more. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms