By Travelzoo Staff
Bestowed with 4-star reviews
on TripAdvisor, OpenTable and Urbanspoon, 118 Degrees in Costa Mesa is a Top 10 Heart Healthy Restaurant in OC
that boasts "impressive flavor" and "innovative techniques," according to Zagat
. Helmed by raw-foods pioneer and author Jenny Ross, this organic eatery invites Travelzoo subscribers to experience an exclusive three-course chef's tasting dinner for two for $39
, valued at $94.
Why we love it
- For $39, experience an exclusive chef's tasting dinner for 2 with "impressive flavor" and "innovative techniques," according to Zagat
- The menu at 118 Degrees in Costa Mesa is valued at $94 and features seasonal ingredients from local farmers
- Zagat named this organic eatery a Top 10 Heart Healthy Restaurant in OC
- The restaurant is helmed by chef Jenny Ross, author of "The Art of Raw Living Food"
- 118 Degrees is rated 4 stars on TripAdvisor, OpenTable and Urbanspoon
Dec. 19, 2012 - Feb. 28, 2013
2981 Bristol St.
Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Chef Ross' vegetarian dishes are not cooked over 118 degrees, which is the temperature at which natural ingredients begin to lose their nutrients. With this Local Deal, enjoy a seasonal tasting of fresh local ingredients and items from the restaurant's brand-new fall menu.
- Choose two appetizers:
- Sweet onion soup served with warm bread
- Butternut squash bisque served with basil cheese
- Fried avocado roll with tahini cheese, sweet bell peppers and heirloom squash
- Stuffed cremini mushrooms filled with pistachio pesto
- Choose two entrees:
- Pesto lasagna with layers of noodles made from squash, spinach pesto, Roma tomato and cremini mushrooms finished with pesto and sun-dried tomato marinara
- Dim sum dumplings in coconut skin, filled with Asian vegetables and served with warm ginger miso sauce
- Butternut squash ravioli in house-made tomato wraps served over arugula squash pasta
- Mushroom crepes with a trio of marinated mushrooms, pistachio pesto and sun-dried tomato creme
- Choose two desserts:
- Chocolate cheesecake with coconut cacao and avocado on a walnut crust
- Tiramisu with Brazil nut custard and nutmeg sprinkle
- Fall citrus vanilla bean torte with a pecan orange crust
- Apple cobbler served warm on a pecan crust
- Or for $75, get this chef's tasting dinner for four people, regularly $188.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Dec. 20, through Feb. 28, 2013. Reservations are required. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. No substitutions. This deal is valid at dinner only. Not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms