By Travelzoo Staff
"Locals cherish the Balboa Fun Zone as a little vignette from the past," states the OC Register. For $21 (regularly $43), two can take a 45-minute narrated cruise from Fun Zone Boat Company
, followed by a ride on the Ferris wheel at Balboa Fun Zone and a meal at Azar's Gourmet Pizza.
Why we love it
- For half off, 2 can spend the day at historic Balboa Fun Zone, open since 1936
- Start with a Newport cruise; choose either a sea lion or celebrity home tour
- Follow with a ride on the Ferris wheel, and then get a slice of pizza and a drink
April 26, 2013 - Oct. 29, 2013
Balboa Fun Zone Rides
600 E. Bay
Balboa, CA 92661
- Start your day with one of two cruise options, both of which depart daily from 11 a.m. to sunset:
- A sea lion tour that sails a mile out to spot sea lions as well as take in views of the coastline
- A celebrity homes tour, where the captain points out mansions of the rich and famous
- Then, take a ride on the historic Ferris wheel, and grab a slice of cheese pizza and a regular soft drink per person.
- Both the Ferris wheel and Azar's are located within walking distance of Fun Zone Boat Company.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 29, through Oct. 29, 2013. Reservations are required for the boat cruise and can be made online by clicking here. Children ages 4 and under do not need a ticket for the cruise. Riders on Ferris wheel must be at least 14 years of age and over 50" tall to ride without an adult. Cruises are subject to availability and are weather permitting. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms