By Travelzoo Staff
Hunt the high seas for catches like yellowfin tuna, halibut and barracuda with this 3/4-day deep-sea fishing excursion for $39 per person, regularly $82. The trip sets sail from Newport Beach and cruises the coast or around Catalina Island, depending on the where the fish are biting. Between castings, Davey's Locker will provide unlimited bait and lunch.
Why we love it
- Choose from 4, 3/4-day deep sea fishing excursions with Davey's Locker
- Cruise around the coast or to Catalina Island, depending on where fish are biting
- For $39 for 1 person or $76 for 2, get a boarding pass, unlimited bait and lunch
- Or get the boarding pass and bait for $35 per person or $68 for 2
- Catches can include 40-pound yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, halibut, bass and barracuda
April 16, 2013 - Nov. 15, 2013
400 Main St.
Newport Beach, CA 92661
- The bait options are live or frozen, but live bait is subject to availability. Lunch includes choice of cheeseburger, hamburger or grilled cheese with a bag of chips and a nonalcoholic beverage.
- There are three other trip options available, all of which cast lines for fish such as 40-pound yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, halibut, bass, bonito, dorado and barracuda:
- $76 get this same trip but for two people (reg. $164)
- $35 per person get the boarding pass and bait (no lunch included, which can be purchased separately on board or brought with you), regularly $71
- $68 for two people get boarding passes and bait (no lunch), regularly $142
- The boats can hold up to 90 people and are fully equipped with indoor and outdoor seating, a full-service kitchen and restrooms.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 19, through Nov. 15, 2013. A fishing license, reel and rod are not included. You can purchase a license here. Reservations are required; subject to availability. Valid for any of the merchant's scheduled cruise times. Fish cleaning costs $0.75-$1.50. Live bait is subject to availability. Tax, if applicable, and a fuel surcharge (dependent on varying fuel costs) are not included. Anyone 16 years old and older must have a fishing license in the state of California. This deal is not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms