By Travelzoo Staff
Venture out into the open sea and cast a line into the depths of the Pacific with this Local Deal with The Freelance in Newport Beach. Travelzoo subscribers can choose from four deep sea fishing excursions that range in price from $20-$25 and cater to those without any fishing experience up to veterans. These half-day and twilight fishing trips hunt for fish like 40-pound yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, halibut, bass, bonito, dorado and barracuda.
Why we love it
- Starting at $20 per person, choose from 4 deep sea fishing excursions, either half-day or twilight trips, on-board one of the ships in The Freelance's fleet
- The $20 packages include a boarding pass and unlimited bait
- For $5 more, add a lunch served at sea
- Lunch or dinner includes a cheeseburger, hamburger or grilled cheese with a bag of chips and nonalcoholic beverage
- Cast a line for summer catches, which include 40-pound yellowtail, yellowfin tuna, halibut, bass, bonito, dorado and barracuda
Dec. 24, 2012 - April 27, 2013
400 Main St.
Newport Beach, CA 92661
- The trip options are:
- $25 per person for a half-day or twilight fishing trip that includes unlimited bait (live and/or frozen) and lunch (choice of cheeseburger, hamburger or grilled cheese with a bag of chips and a nonalcoholic beverage), regularly $51.50
- $20 per person for a half-day or twilight fishing trip boarding pass with unlimited bait (regularly $41.50)
- Half-day trip times are 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday and 6 a.m.-noon Saturday-Sunday, and twilight fishing is from 7 p.m.-midnight Saturday-Sunday.
- Specific vessels are subject to availability. Some boats can hold up to 90 people and are fully equipped with indoor and outdoor seating, a full-service kitchen and restrooms.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Wednesday, Dec. 26 through April 26, 2013. Reservations are required and are subject to availability. Half-day trip times are 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Monday - Friday and 6 a.m. - noon Saturday - Sunday, and twilight fishing is from 7 p.m.-midnight Saturday-Sunday. Not valid for the 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. cruises. A fishing license, reel and rod are not included. You can purchase a license here. Anyone 16 years old and older must have a fishing license in the state of California. This deal is not valid on holidays or holiday weekends. Tax and a fuel surcharge are not included. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms