By Travelzoo Staff
Take flight over the SoCal coastline with this deal for a hands-on introductory flight lesson including a full hour of airtime from Orange County Flight Center at John Wayne Airport. For $129 per person, regularly $272, get a preflight briefing then sit side-by-side with your FAA-certified instructor in the cockpit to learn all the basics of piloting an aircraft.
Why we love it
- This deal for an intro flight lesson includes a full 60 minutes of flying time for $129
- Sit one-on-one with an FAA-certified instructor as you navigate a Cessna aircraft
- Practice turns, climbs and descents
- Keep an eye out for the coastal scenery 2,000 feet below
- Save nearly $150 on the regular cost of this lesson departing John Wayne Airport
Dec. 5, 2012 - May 31, 2013
Orange County Flight Center
19531 Campus Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92707
- After you ascend to an elevation up to 2,000 feet, take control of the Cessna four-seater to practice climbs, descents, turns and more while your instructor provides basic knowledge of all the onboard controls. The instructor will also share knowledge of the scenic spots along the coast, including Long Beach, Newport Harbor and Dana Point.
- Students will also receive a 10- to 15-minute preflight briefing -- a basic, brief introduction to all of the airplane's mechanisms, functions and fundamentals.
Our Deal Experts have sourced more than 100 Local Deals across the U.S. and Canada for our Holiday Gift Guide
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Dec. 6, through May 31, 2013. Voucher valid for 1 person only. Reservations are required; subject to availability. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 16 years old or older to fly. Not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; 2 additional as gifts. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms