By Travelzoo Staff
Tucked inside the Park South Hotel on 28th Street, the Black Duck has a "dignified presence" that gives "the impression that it sits right in the middle of Georgetown," according to The New York Times. With this Local Deal, settle in before a "mood-setting fireplace" to take in weekend jazz and New American plates that Zagat rates "very good to excellent" (23).
Why we love it
- Zagat calls the Black Duck in the Park South Hotel "cozy" and "clubby"
- The New York Times praises its "dignified" atmosphere
- 2 can unwind over a 3-course dinner before a warming fireplace
- Make a reservation for Friday or Saturday night to listen to live jazz while you dine
Feb. 19, 2013 - May 21, 2013
122 East 28th St.
New York, NY 10016
- Begin the evening with two glasses of wine or beer in the lounge or at the bar before sitting down to dinner from a special menu including:
- Two small bites, such as pretzel-crusted crab cake with celery root puree and eggplant chutney or a sausage roll with mustard onions and homemade spicy bread and butters
- Two entrees, including seared duck breast with duck confit, onion puree and braised cranberries or grilled hanger steak with roasted carrot puree, Tuscan kale and bordelaise sauce
- Dessert to share, such as pecan tart or chocolate mousse
Friday and Saturday evening jazz sets start at 8:30, so use this voucher after 9:30 p.m. to hear "wonderful" (Zagat) live tunes while you dine.
The fine print
Update: this deal is now valid after 9:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Thursday, Feb. 21, through May 21, 2013. Valid Sunday-Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m. and after 9:00 p.m.; Valid Thursday-Saturday after 9:30 p.m. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for 2 diners only. Limit 1 voucher purchase per person; additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms