By Travelzoo Staff
Take in the French Quarter views aboard the Creole Queen, a paddle wheeler that took her maiden voyage in 1983. Travelzoo subscribers can delight in a 2.5-hour cruise on the Mississippi River for $13 per person, regularly $25.
Why we love it
- Step aboard the Creole Queen for a 2.5-hour paddle wheel cruise for $13
- USA Today recommends it for the "historic grandeur with modern convenience"
- The captain will entertain with facts about popular landmarks
- For $25, bring a date and save more; or buy 2 vouchers and plan a family outing
Feb. 26, 2013 - May 26, 2013
1 Poydras St.
New Orleans, LA 70130
- As the Creole Queen cruises downriver, a captain provides detailed narration of New Orleans landmarks as well as Mississippi River folklore. Guests will disembark at the site of the 1815 Battle of New Orleans and tour historical landmarks, including the Malus-Beauregard House and the Chalmette Monument. Get back on the boat and take in the views of New Orleans while savoring a snack or sipping a cocktail; the Creole Queen is equipped with a cash bar and a la carte dining service.
- For $25, regularly $50, bring a date and save even more. Cruises begin boarding at 1:30 p.m. and depart from the Riverwalk Canal Street dock near the Hilton Hotel. Children five years old and under ride for free.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Feb. 26, through May 26, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Children 5 years old and under ride for free. Check in at ticket booth prior to boarding and exchange voucher for a boarding pass. Blackout dates include: March 2-4, 8-9, 23; April 2, 4, 6, 19, 26-27; May 3, 12, 14, 16. Not valid for groups of 10 or larger. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms