By Travelzoo Staff
Recently featured on MN Today's "Minnesota Scenes,"
Twin Cities Aviation has years of experience showing budding pilots how to take to the skies. This Father's Day, send Dad on an Extended Discovery Flight lesson for $89, regularly $180.
Why we love it
- Learn to fly with an introductory Extended Discovery Flight
- Take your flight in a Cessna or a Piper Warrior
- Flights offer a unique view of the Twin Cities
- Great as a Father's Day present
May 30, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2013
Twin Cities Aviation
8891 Airport Rd.
Blaine, MN 55449
- Flights begin with a one-on-one conversation with an FAA-certified instructor about your level of experience and expectations for the flight; these can be tailored to be a true intro lesson or a casual scenic flight. Then students will do a preflight check, climb into the pilot's seat and take off. These flights include more time in the air than the standard intro flights, with flight duration depending on factors like airport traffic and taxiing time. The full experience lasts over an hour with no less than a half-hour of actual flight time.
- Flyers will learn to start the aircraft, taxi the plane, take off, fly and approach the runway then land with the help of their instructor. Flights are available seven days a week from sunrise to sunset, and additional passengers can ride along for an additional fee (payable directly to Twin Cities Aviation).
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Friday, May 31 through Nov. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. 48-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be 14 or older and 290 pounds or under to participate. Subject to weather conditions. Valid at the Anoka County Airport location only. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms