By Travelzoo Staff
Perfect as a bucket list achievement, this Local Deal gives car enthusiasts a chance to drive or ride in a real NASCAR racecar and save 50% or more. Choose between a three-hour experience that puts you behind the wheel or a three-lap ride-along with a professional racing instructor.
Why we love it
- Drive in a real NASCAR racecar at Kentucky Speedway
- Get behind the wheel and circle the track for 5 minutes
- Valid for all race dates with the next on June 1
May 27, 2013 - Feb. 5, 2015
NASCAR Racing Experience
1 Kentucky Speedway Blvd.
Sparta, KY 41086
- Option 1: For $199, drive the NASCAR race car yourself during a five-minute timed racing session at the Kentucky Speedway. It's just you and the competition as there is no lead car to follow, no instructor riding with you and passing is allowed. This three-hour NASCAR Racing Experience normally costs $400 and includes meeting with the crew chief, driver's fee, training, instruction, racing equipment and in-car radio communication with your spotter. Upon completion, receive a graduate certificate noting your top speed and a souvenir racing license.
- Option 2: For $64, ride shotgun during a three-lap ride with a professional driving instructor. Sit in the passenger seat as the race car reaches speeds of up to 170 mph during the NASCAR Ride Along Experience, which regularly costs $130.
- Currently scheduled dates include: June 1, Sept. 25 and Sept. 27-28. Valid for any race dates through Feb. 2, 2015. More dates will be added; see website schedule to review dates. Call NASCAR Racing Experience with any questions on future dates and availability.
The fine print
Valid for all race dates through Feb. 2, 2015. Currently scheduled races take place on June 1, Sept. 25 and Sept. 27-28. Vouchers can be redeemed 24 hours after purchase. Reservations are required. Drivers must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds and under 300 pounds and 6 feet 7 inches tall. Riders must be at least 5 feet tall and 100 pounds. Drivers must be 18 years old or older with a valid driver's license. For riders under 18 years old, parental consent is required. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms