By Travelzoo Staff
Travelzoo subscribers can get behind the wheel of a professional stock car with this deal from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience. For $199, accelerate down straightaways and take turns in a real race car like the one driven by Wallace, a racing legend and recent Hall of Fame inductee. This 2-hour "Qualifier" package at the Kentucky Speedway saves $200 on the regular price.
Why we love it
- For $199 (reg. $399), drive a real race car in an 8-lap race at the Kentucky Speedway
- This "Qualifier" package from Rusty Wallace Racing Experience lasts 2 hours
- It includes a track orientation followed by a race on the speedway track
- Or for $64, get the 1-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a 3-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel
April 8, 2013 - Oct. 6, 2013
Rusty Wallace Racing Experience
1 Speedway Drive
Sparta, KY 41086
- The deal provides Travelzoo subscribers with an authentic racing experience, from the custom Oakley driver's suit to passing competitors on the track. You'll begin with a classroom orientation with a professional instructor, then hop in the driver's seat for an 8-lap race on the speedway. Get a feel for the vehicle while following the pace car for a couple warm-up laps before zooming around the track.
- Or for $64, try the one-hour "Shotgun Ride-Along" package, which includes a three-lap qualifying run with a professional at the wheel. This experience regularly costs $129.
The fine print
Update (Friday, April 12, 3:30 p.m.): Ride-alongs and Drives on May 26 are sold out; Drives on May 27 are sold out. Other dates remain available. Current race dates can be found and race reservations can be made here. If more race dates are added, you can select any race date on the schedule, but it must be reserved 24 hours in advance. Reservations are subject to availability, weather and track conditions. Must be 18 years or older with valid driver's license to drive; must be 14 or older to ride along. Drivers must be between 5 feet and 6 feet, 7 inches tall, and between 100-300 pounds. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms