By Travelzoo Staff
Celebrate the finer points of dance at Balanchine Festival 2013, a two-part performance in honor of master choreographer George Balanchine. Los Angeles Ballet will perform "Balanchine Gold" and "Balanchine Red" at multiple venues around Los Angeles through May, and tickets are now up to 40% off current pricing, starting at $18 (reg. $30).
Why we love it
- Tickets start at $18 (reg. $30) for Balanchine Festival 2013 with Los Angeles Ballet
- This 2-part dance festival is discounted at 4 area venues through May
- "Balanchine Gold" and "Balanchine Red" celebrate renowned choreographer George Balanchine
- Balanchine won the Kennedy Center Honors Award and Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Promo code required; please see booking instructions
March 7, 2013 - April 3, 2013
'Balanchine Festival 2013'
- Discounted show locations and remaining dates for the two-part series are:
- Redondo Beach Performing Arts Center ... "Red" (May 11)
- Valley Performing Arts Center (Northridge) ... "Red" (May 25)
- Alex Theatre (Glendale) ... "Red" (May 26)
- Carpenter Performing Arts Center (Long Beach) ... "Gold" (April 6) & "Red" (May 18)
- With this deal, ticket prices are:
- $18 (reg. $30) ... Section D
- $33 (reg. $55) ... Section C
- $45 (reg. $75) ... Section B
- $76 (reg. $95) ... Section A -- Redondo Beach & Carpenter shows only
- Note: Tickets are per performance. If you wish to see both "Balanchine Gold" and "Balanchine Red," you must purchase separate tickets.
- George Balanchine was one of the 20th century's most famous choreographers, a developer and creator of modern ballet in the United States and a co-founder of the New York City Ballet. He is a recipient of the Kennedy Center Honors Award and the Presidential Medal of Freedom.
- Booking Instructions
- Click "Buy Now." Next to an applicable performance date and location, click "Buy Now." Please note this deal is not valid for shows at Royce Hall. Enter number of tickets and promo code TZBF, then click "Continue." Click the dot above your desired section and price point, then click "Best Available." Choose an aisle preference and click "Continue." Choose delivery method and click "Add to Cart." Enter payment and contact information and finalize order. Mobile Users: The Test Booking Center has determined this deal is not optimized for mobile purchase. Please book from a computer.
"The Balanchine Talks" will take place 90 minutes prior to each performance and include interviews and discussions about the choreographer. Admission is included with ticket purchase.
The fine print
Subject to availability. Promo code required; please see step-by-step booking details. Fees of $4.50 per ticket are additional. Not applicable on previous purchases. Fees are determined by the venue, not Travelzoo. Tickets purchased together will be seated together.