By Travelzoo Staff
As Long Island reaches the end of its eastern stretch -- past the split of its forks and past the Hamptons -- it arrives at Montauk, a "newly hip fishing town" that "still retains its old-fashioned charms," according to Travel + Leisure. Travelzoo readers can recess to this quiet cove this spring with an exclusive deal at the historic Montauk Manor that saves more than 60% compared with peak summer rates.
Why we love it
- Arrive Mondays-Wednesdays through June 14 for a two-night stay for $249 and stretch out in a one-bedroom deluxe suite with living room, full kitchen and welcome bottle of wine. For $349, check in on Mondays for a four-night midweek stay. You can arrive any other day of the week as long as you check out by Friday.
- To stay the weekend, select the $439 option and arrive Wednesdays-Fridays for a four-night stay that includes breakfast for two on Saturdays and Sundays (breakfast not served other days).
- In the 1920s, multimillionaire developer Carl Fisher bought the whole Montauk peninsula with plans to make it a resort town rivaling Miami. He built the manor in an English Tudor style with tennis courts, a spa, indoor and outdoor pools, and a lobby with fireplaces and vaulted ceilings.
- The "sprawling, family-friendly 'American castle'" (Fodor's) rises on a bluff that overlooks the town, offering a panorama of the sandy beaches, seafood restaurants and state parks. A 10-minute drive east lands travelers at the landmark lighthouse, beaming out into the Atlantic. Drive 20 minutes west to reach the posh shops and restaurants of swanky East Hampton.
236 Edgemere Street
Montauk, NY 11954
What's included & when
- April 2, 2013 - June 14, 2013
- Escape this spring to Montauk Manor -- in Long Island's "newly hip fishing town" (Travel + Leisure) -- and save more than 60% compared with peak summer rates
$249 for a 2-night stay, arrive Mondays-Wednesdays
$349 for a 4-night stay, arrive Mondays
1-bedroom deluxe suite boasts a full kitchen and living room
Includes a bottle of wine
Travel through June 14
Weekend option: $439 for a 4-night stay with breakfast for 2 on Saturday and Sunday; arrive Wednesdays-Fridays through May 31
The fine print
With this deal, you don’t have to decide yet when to go. Just purchase a voucher from Travelzoo then call the hotel directly at 631-668-4400 to make a reservation for your desired travel dates. All guests must be at least 25 years old. Not available on: May 9-10, 17, 24-27; June 7-8. A resort fee of $3 per night is not included and will be paid directly to the hotel. One-bedroom deluxe suites can fit up to four guests, however the weekend package only includes breakfast for two -- additional breakfasts must be purchased separately. Reservations are subject to availability and early booking is encouraged. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms