By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors with decades of experience will share their expertise in a "People & Places" seminar. For $99 per person, regularly $195, take part in this all-day experience.
Why we love it
- For $99, regularly $195, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler
- Seminars are led by photographers & editors with decades of experience
- Learn from instructor Jim Richardson, a contributing editor to Traveler magazine
- Instructor Catherine Karnow has photographed subjects around the world including Prince Charles
- Lunch is provided for this all-day experience
March 20, 2013 - April 7, 2013
National Geographic Traveler
Regnier Hall at Edwards Campus, University of Kansas
12600 Quivira Rd.
Overland Park, KS 66213
- The event takes place Sunday, April 7, at Regnier Hall on the University of Kansas' Edwards Campus, and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional travel photographers. Lunch will be provided, and discussion topics will include:
- How to tell a story through images, and how to capture a culture's style and landscape while traveling; instructors will share their favorite photo destinations around the globe
- A behind-the-scenes look at how great travel photos are made, not just taken, including discussions on lighting, composition and anticipating that "decisive moment" that makes a great subject
- How to photograph people in a mutually rewarding manner, including how to craft the best candid shots
- Instructor Catherine Karnow is a longtime photographer for National Geographic who has photographed such varied subjects as Australian Aborigines, farmers in Albania and Prince Charles himself; fellow instructor Jim Richardson is a contributing editor to Traveler and one of their most productive travel photographers, with more than 40 published stories.
The fine print
Note: Number of seats available to be sold are limited. This deal may sell out before the "Time to Buy" has expired. Voucher can be redeemed Sunday, April 7. Event takes place 9 a.m. - 4 p.m. Reservations via email are required. Must email the address on voucher to confirm. Date-specific event, all sales final. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. Offer not valid for previous registrations. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms