By Travelzoo Staff
Scratch one off the bucket list with a thrilling power hang gliding ride -- known as trike flying -- over Fernandina Beach. For $99, regularly $249, go on the deluxe discovery flight that includes 30 minutes of airtime.
Why we love it
- Spend 30 minutes in the air on a power hang glider
- The pilot will navigate and let you take the controls
- See Cumberland Island, Fort Clinch State Park and more
June 11, 2013 - Dec. 13, 2013
Hang Glide USA
2394 Jamestown Rd.
Fernandina Beach, FL 32034
- Start with preflight instruction and a photo op with the aircraft before strapping into the two-seat XT-912 Tundra with your pilot. Riders are provided a noise-cancelling headset and will even have the opportunity to pilot the gilder. Soar above Fort Clinch State Park and luxe coastal resorts like The Ritz-Carlton. Get the chance to see dolphins, alligators in Egans Creek and wild horses on Cumberland Island.
- Riders can also credit the total flight time toward a pilot's certificate, or the time can be entered into a logbook.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, June 13, through Dec. 13, 2013. Reservations are required; must be made at least 24 hours in advance. A 24-hour cancellation policy applies. Must be at least 4'6" and under 225 pounds. Those under the age of 18 will need the signed approval of both guardians using a waiver form. Subject to weather conditions. Limit 1 voucher per visit. See Terms and Conditions for full details.
See all terms