By Travelzoo Staff
Experience riding in a vintage American aircraft over the storied and scenic city of St. Augustine for $70 per person. Owner and licensed pilot Dave Genet has thousands of hours of flying experience, specializing in historic airplanes, at St. Augustine Biplane Rides.
Why we love it
- Ride in a historic 1927 biplane complete with vintage headgear starting at $70
- Bring a friend along for the ride or take the controls yourself for $135-$155
- Choose from 2 sightseeing tours over St. Augustine
- Soar over sights including the iconic Castillo de San Marcos and the Bridge of Lions
- St. Augustine Biplane Rides is located at Northeast Florida Regional Airport, just off U.S. 1
Dec. 12, 2012 - June 15, 2013
St. Augustine Biplane Rides
Northeast Florida Regional Airport
4900 US 1 North, Suite 100
St. Augustine, FL 32095
- Strap into a 1927 Waco three-seat, open-cockpit biplane wearing authentic headgear from the era and choose one of the following tours:
- Old City Tour ($70 per person, regularly $174): After 10 minutes of pre-flight preparation, spend 15 minutes in the air flying south along the Intracoastal Waterway toward downtown St. Augustine, with views of the famous Castillo de San Marcos, Nombre de Dios Mission, Flagler College and the Bridge of Lions
- Anastasia Island Tour ($80 per person, regularly $170): Enjoy all the sights of the Old City Tour plus Anastasia Island for 22 minutes in the air, with views of the St. Augustine Lighthouse, Anastasia State Park and the beach where the barnstormers used to land in the 1920s
- Take a tour with a friend and save more -- $135-$155 for two. For the same price, one person can try taking control of the plane in the air (under the guidance and supervision of the pilot).
- St. Augustine Biplane Rides is located at Northeast Florida Regional Airport, just off U.S. 1. Tours depart every day with an advanced reservation.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, Dec. 17, through June 15, 2013. The $70 and $80 offers are valid for 1 person only. The $135 and $155 deals can be used for 2 people, or for 1 person with access to the plane's controls. Reservations are required at least 24 hours in advance. For weekend or holiday reservations, must reserve at least 5 days in advance. Not valid on Christmas Day and New Year's Day. Must be at least 5 years of age. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms