By Travelzoo Staff
This "chic new American" eatery in the historic Sam Houston Hotel creates Zagat-praised seasonal dishes that exemplify "quality and originality" (Frommer's). For $65, regularly $123, two can linger over four courses in the "sleek" dining room (Gayot).
Why we love it
- Zagat rates this "chic" spot "very good to excellent" (24)
- 2 can choose 4 courses from the seasonal menu
- Earns a 4-star rating from TripAdvisor and OpenTable
- "Bold cooking ideas" that "match the bold design" (Frommer's)
June 26, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
*17 Restaurant at the Sam Houston Hotel
1117 Prairie Street
Houston, TX 77002
- Choose from the "creative seasonal menu" (Zagat):
- Any shared appetizer like the sea scallop & shrimp with forbidden black rice or the Texas quail n'egg with creamy risotto
- Any two soups or salads such as the lobster bisque, smoked salmon salad or the cattle fence goat cheese salad
- Any two entrees such as the legendary *17 boneless kalamata short rib with hickory smoked potatoes or the Colorado rack of lamb (grass-fed filet mignon is not included in this deal)
- Any shared dessert like the brulee trio or bourbon berries sabayon
- Bring a group of four and dine for $115, regularly $246.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed Thursday, June 27, through Sept. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Valid for 2 or 4 diners only. Limit 1 voucher per table. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Not valid July 7-11, July 29-31 or during the month of August during Houston Restaurant Week. Valid for dine-in only. Gratuity and tax, if applicable, are not included. Must be used in 1 visit. Valid during merchant's operating hours. See terms and conditions for full details.
See all terms