By Travelzoo Staff
Zagat lauds the culinary creations of Charivari chef Johann Schuster as "exquisite," and praises the "old-world Europe" ambiance. For $75, regularly $189, two people can indulge in a six-course menu of European specialties at this Midtown institution.
Why we love it
- 2 people can linger over a 6-course dinner at Charivari in Midtown
- Zagat praises the exquisite menu created by chef Johann Schuster
- OpenTable diners bestow the European eatery with a prestigious Fit for Foodies award
- Or for $149, dine with a group of 4 and save even more
Feb. 21, 2013 - May 21, 2013
2521 Bagby St.
Houston, TX 77006
- Originally hailing from Transylvania, Chef Schuster has created a special menu featuring Continental European cuisine, which earns an impressive Fit for Foodies award from OpenTable diners. This multi-course dinner (for each person) includes:
- First course: truffle-white-bean cappuccino
- Second course: black Angus beef filet carpaccio
- Third course: wild mushroom and foie gras risotto
- Fourth course: green salad with roasted hazelnuts
- Fifth course: Choice of char-grilled hanger steak with Spanish sauce, seared Scottish salmon over quinoa or bratwurst braised in ale with apple sauerkraut
- Sixth course: Swiss chocolate hazelnut tart with bourbon vanilla ice cream
- Or for $149, regularly $378, bring a group of four and dine on six courses for less than $40 per person.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, Feb. 22, through May 21, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Limit 1 voucher per table. Limit 2 voucher purchases per person; 1 additional voucher may be purchased as a gift. The restaurant is closed on Sundays. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms