By Travelzoo Staff
Zagat recently unveiled its list of Best American Restaurants in Houston, and Mark's American Cuisine took the top spot earning "extraordinary" (27 or higher) ratings for food, decor and service. Zagat goes on to laud the "magnificent" meals and "impeccable service" while stating it’s"everything you could want in a restaurant." Travelzoo has negotiated an exclusive five-course chef's tasting menu for $99 per person, which includes drink pairings.
Why we love it
- For $99, Travelzoo subscribers receive a special chef's dinner with drink pairings at Mark's American Cuisine
- This exclusive deal includes 5 courses and 4 drink pairings
- Zagat bestows Mark's with ranks of "extraordinary to perfection" for cuisine, service and decor
- For $195, get the same dinner for 2 people, or gather 4 people and dine for $389
Sept. 4, 2012 - Dec. 15, 2012
Mark's American Cuisine
1658 Westheimer Road
Houston, TX 77006
- A dinner for two people is also available for $195, and dinner for four is $389.
- Mark's changes its menu daily, sometimes even twice daily, in order to take advantage of the freshest ingredients. A sample menu could include:
- Angel hair pasta with shaved truffle
- Roasted Hawaiian escolar with vegetable risotto, asparagus, sugar snap peas, crab and a piquillo pepper sauce
- Intermezzo of sorbet
- Maple sugar, ginger and coffee roasted Kurobuta pork loin with bourbon short ribs, petite fingerlings, apple-smoked bacon, crispy sweet potatoes and jewel fruit compote
- Tahitian vanilla bean creme brulee with snickerdoodle cookies and assorted berries
- For a memorable evening at Mark's American Cuisine, gather a group of six people and reserve the chef's table for an exclusive eight-course meal with four drink pairings for $799.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Sept. 15, through Dec. 15, 2012. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Each voucher is valid for 1, 2, 4 or 6 diners only. Valid for dine-in only. Tasting menu subject to change. Tax is not included. Please note that a 20% gratuity will be applied to the full value of your bill. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms