By Travelzoo Staff
Explore the estuaries of Galveston by kayak with this Local Deal for Artist Boat -- a non-profit organization that works to restore and maintain the marine environments on the Texas coast. For $15 (regularly $26.25 with booking fee), embark on a two-hour guided tour including equipment rental
at one of various Galveston locations
. Or for $27, book a four-hour tour that's regularly $52.50 (with booking fee).
Why we love it
- Set off on a 2-hour guided kayak tour of Galveston Bay
- Select from 6 tour locations, including Christmas Bay and East End Lagoon
- This deal is available through the end of November
- Book a 4-hour tour for $27, regularly $53
March 8, 2013 - Nov. 30, 2013
2415 Avenue K
Galveston, TX 77550
- This tour includes:
- Guided instruction around a Galveston waterway, such as Christmas Bay, Armand Bayou Coastal Preserve or Galveston Island State Park; all lead guides are ACA-certified kayak instructors with degrees in science or art
- All equipment rental
- Most four-hour tours also include a watercolor demonstration from one of Artist Boat's resident artists and the chance to create a painting of your own
- Reservations must be made online by visiting the Artist Boat website. Buy multiple vouchers and plan a family outing. Directions and a list of items to bring will be sent by email after making a reservation.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, March 9, through Nov. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Reservations must be made online. Follow voucher directions to complete the reservation. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours' notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms