By Travelzoo Staff
At The Whitney, Travelzoo subscribers can "dine like royalty,"
according to Zagat, which calls the Detroit 19th century landmark and fine-dining destination "gorgeous" and "upscale." With this deal, visit this storied, turn-of-the-century mansion Gayot
calls "one of Detroit's most elegant dining" spots for breakfast or high tea service.
Why we love it
- Gayot says The Whitney is "one of Detroit's most elegant dining settings"
- Starting at $25, receive breakfast or high tea for 2 any Monday through Friday
- The Whitney just debuted its breakfast menu featuring dishes like eggs Mackinac with Lake Superior whitefish
- Dine in The Whitney Gardens starting in May when the warm weather returns
- It's the winner of 4 OpenTable Diners' Choice awards including Best Ambiance
- Recent Travelzoo visitors said "the building itself is worth a visit"
March 27, 2013 - Aug. 30, 2013
4421 Woodward Ave.
Detroit, MI 48201
- For $25, try The Whitney's new breakfast menu served throughout the mansion, including The Whitney Gardens, which open in May. Receive $40 toward breakfast for two that could include an appetizer to share like strawberries with double cream and two entrees such as Napa Valley scramble with pork and apple sausage; cinnamon roll French toast; or an omelet prepared table-side any way you like. Entrees are served with a basket of fresh-baked breads, flavored butter and jams.
- Or for $29, regularly $58, take a seat for afternoon high tea for two. Small bites and pastries are served on hand-painted china during this formal service that includes:
- A duo of scones accompanied with preserves
- The Whitney signature shrimp bisque
- Tea sandwiches, including roast beef, smoked salmon, and tomato and cucumber
- Hand-crafted pastries by The Whitney's pastry chef
- High tea makes for a great mother-daughter outing, a fun day with grandparents or a visit celebrating a special occasion with friends. Buy two vouchers and have tea with a group of four people.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Monday, April 1, through Aug. 30, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. High tea reservations must be made 48 hours in advance. For high tea, limit 2 vouchers per table. For breakfast limit 1 voucher per 2 guests; limit 2 vouchers per 4 guests. High Tea is served Monday through Friday at 2 p.m. only. Breakfast is served Monday through Friday only from 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. only. Not valid on major holidays or weekends. Not valid for bridal showers. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms