By Travelzoo Staff
Soar over farmlands, inland lakes and forests during a tandem skydive jump from Capital City Skydiving, which CBS Detroit ranks as one of the best destinations for skydivers in the region. For $169, regularly $324, Travelzoo subscribers can take a leap with this skydiving adventure available weekends starting May 25.
Why we love it
- CBS Detroit names Capital City Skydiving one of the best destinations for skydivers in the area
- Get a bird's-eye view of farmlands, inland lakes and forests
- Tandem jumps are available on weekends for $169 per person
- Glide 5,000 feet above ground during a 7-minute parachute descent
- Skydives take off from Maple Grove Airport, about an hour from Detroit
April 23, 2013 - May 25, 2014
Capital City Skydiving
Maple Grove Airport
7080 Sherwood Rd.
- Begin at Maple Grove Airport with a class from a certified tandem instructor, who will explain the basics of techniques, gear, jump procedures, safety and landing, as well as answer any questions. Then take your seat in the airplane before ascending more than two miles above ground.
- Subscribers will be strapped to a certified instructor during the entire jump until landing. Feel a rush of adrenaline as you free fall at speeds up to 120 miles per hour for more than 40 seconds before a scenic seven-minute parachute flight to the ground. After the jump, receive a souvenir T-shirt to remember the exciting day.
Buy this deal now and save it for later. Vouchers are redeemable for an entire year.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, May 25, 2013, through May 25, 2014. Reservations are highly recommended, but not required; subject to availability. A $6 booking fee is required for reservations; credit card payment required. Valid Saturday and Sunday only. A 48-hour cancellation policy applies; subject to $50 fee. Must be at least 18 years old or older to participate. 240 pound weight limit applies; $30 additional fee applies for participants over 200 pounds, and a $60 additional fee applies for participants over 225 pounds. Must sign waiver. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms