By Travelzoo Staff
The underground "pop-up" dinner series created by chef David Anthony Temple, better known as Chef DAT, has captured the fascination of the Dallas press; CraveDFW
calls the dinners a "secret society of magnificent food," and CBS Dallas
says DAT is "a culinary maestro who’s creating a name for himself without needing a restaurant or cooking show to prove it."
Travelzoo has negotiated access to Chef DAT's underground, invite-only dinners for $49 per person, and the chance to be among the first to book a seat.
Why we love it
- Experience the thrill of an underground dinner with this Local Deal for Chef DAT
- For $49, 1 person can attend “one of the hottest meal tickets in town” (CBS Dallas)
- Chef DAT’s dinners are invite-only and regularly up to $90
- Travelzoo subscribers will be notified of the dinner location and menu 24 hours before the general public
- CraveDFW.com calls Chef DAT "one of Dallas' most talented young chefs"
- Dinners are typically held on a weekly basis
Oct. 9, 2012 - April 9, 2013
Dallas, TX 75206
- Under-the-radar dinners have gained in popularity nationwide over the past few years, and Chef DAT is at the forefront of the movement in Dallas. Those on Chef DAT's email invite list normally receive 24-48 hours' notice about the location, restaurants, lounges, homes or other venues, and menu for the next dinner. With this exclusive Travelzoo offer, subscribers will get an additional 24 hours' notice on all upcoming dinners, giving them the first shot at reserving a seat.
- Each dinner is unique and prepared from the freshest ingredients available. Menus change frequently, but the next dinner on Oct. 20 will feature dishes inspired by all the places Chef DAT has worked throughout his career. This seven-course experience, the first one that could be booked with this offer, will include:
- A New Orleans-inspired crab au gratin
- Virginia pork belly with bay scallop and basil oil
- Tom's Backyard Salad, a Dallas-themed creation with goat cheese and pecans
- A Creole gumbo inspired by time in Shreveport
- A lamb and boar sugo with fresh handmade pasta and foie gras butter, recalling the chef's time in Vegas
- Hamachi poke inspired by experiences in Honolulu
- Black garlic ice cream inspired by Lakewood, Chef DAT's signature dessert described by CraveDFW as "simply amazing"
- Seating for this first dinner is limited to 50, so watch out for an email from Chef DAT in the coming days. Dinners are typically held on a weekly basis and seating is limited, so keep replying to Chef DAT emails for a chance to secure a seat.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Oct. 20 through April 9, 2013. Upon purchase of this voucher, please immediately follow the instructions in the "How to use this" section of your voucher in order to add your email address to Chef DAT's invite list. Approximately 72 hours prior to the next event (24 hours before the general public), Travelzoo subscribers will receive an email with the date, time and location of the next underground dinner. Replying to the email from Chef DAT does not guarantee a spot for dinner. Reservations are required and subject to availability: if the reservation is accepted, you will receive a confirmation from Chef DAT. This voucher is valid for 1 diner only. Additional vouchers may be purchased as gifts. Menus change frequently and items are subject to change. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms