By Travelzoo Staff
Meander through the north Texas countryside on horseback with this Local Deal from Rocky Lazy K Ranch. This working ranch offers rides unlike other providers -- there are no set trails, and riders choose their own way. This day on the range for $45, regularly $125, also includes a campfire steak dinner.
Why we love it
- The guided horseback rides include a steak dinner cooked over a campfire with sides and pie
- Rides take place 7 day a week on a working ranch with working animals
- Deals also available for 2, 4 or 6 riders ($89, $175 or $259)
- Suitable for all skill levels (10 years and older); includes brief introduction to riding
April 5, 2013 - Sept. 5, 2013
Rocking Lazy K Ranch
5890 Luella Road
Sherman, TX 75090
- Horseback trips make for great family adventures, and Travelzoo has negotiated deals for groups:
- For $89, regularly $250, get a voucher for two people
- For $175, regularly $500, get a voucher for four people
- For $259, regularly $750, get a voucher for six people
- Trail rides last three hours and include a brief introduction before hitting the range. Halfway through the trip, sit down to a campfire steak dinner with home-style sides, pie and beverages (sweet tea, water or cowboy coffee). Rides take place seven days a week at 9 a.m., noon and 3 p.m. Riders must be at least 10 years of age to participate, and child and adult pricing is the same.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Friday, April 5, through Sept. 5, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Rides occur at 9 a.m., 12 p.m. and 3 p.m. daily. Voucher is subject to forfeiture if you cancel or reschedule your reservation with less than 24 hours’ notice. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Must be 10 years old or older to participate. Must sign a waiver to participate. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms