By Travelzoo Staff
The Globe and Mail
describes Wings & Slicks' stunt-driving course as akin to being "on the set of an action movie
." For $279, regularly $699, channel your inner-Evel Knievel during a half-day spent learning about and executing elaborate tricks in a BMW.
Why we love it
- "Feels like I'm on the set of an action movie" (The Globe and Mail)
- Save $420 on a half-day stunt-driving experience behind the wheel of a BMW 328i Coupe
- Begin with a classroom session filled with safety rules and driving tips
- Execute stunts such as slalom-course runs, 180-degree spins and J turns
- Finish off with a timed and judged competition round
- Or, try a stunt driver ride-along experience ($49) or half-day Formula 2000 driving experience ($295)
Nov. 14, 2012 - April 21, 2013
Wings & Slicks
Lone Star Park
1000 Lone Star Pkwy
Grand Prairie, TX 75050
- The experience begins with a classroom session filled with safety rules and driving tips. Then, get behind the wheel of a BMW 328i Coupe with automatic transmission for four 10-minute sessions, executing a variety of stunts such as slalom-course runs, 180-degree spins and J turns. Lastly, finish off with a timed and judged competition round.
- Get a feel for what it's like to be an aspiring stunt driver with this video.
- Other racing thrill ride experiences include:
- For $49, a stunt driver ride-along experience ($99 value) -- spend four 10-minute sessions watching instructors execute the same tricks as the stunt-driving experience without the pressures of sitting behind the wheel
- For $295, a half-day Formula 2000 driving experience ($595 value) -- hop in the driver's seat and experience acceleration, braking and cornering without speed limits or pace cars to hold you back
- For $1,499, a half-day stunt-driving experience for six ($4,194 value)
- Classes will be held outside of Lone Star Park. There is an additional $19 insurance fee due at booking for the half-day Formula 2000 driving experience.
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, Dec. 8, through April 21, 2013. Reservations are required and subject to availability. Classes are held Saturdays and Sundays. A 72-hour cancellation policy applies. Changes to reservations made within 15 days may result in a $50 rebooking fee. Not valid on major holidays or holiday weekends. Individuals under 5 feet or over 6'4" may have difficulty driving Formula cars; accommodations may be made on a case-by-case basis. Must be 265 pounds or less to participate in the Formula 2000 car driving experience. Please note a $19 insurance fee for the Formula 2000 car driving experience is not included and will be charged at time of scheduling on website. In the interest of safety, this is not valid for pregnant women. Subject to weather conditions. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms