By Travelzoo Staff
The National Geographic Society has been documenting the world through the lenses of its photographers' cameras for nearly 125 years. In conjunction with National Geographic Traveler magazine, photographers and editors with decades of experience will share their expertise in a "Creativity With Light" photography seminar. For $99 per person, regularly $195, take part in this all-day experience; two can enroll for $195 and save even more on the regular $390 price.
Why we love it
- For $99, enroll in a photography seminar from National Geographic Traveler, regularly $195
- 2 can attend for $195, half off the regular price of $390
- Seminars are led by National Geographic photographers and editors with decades of experience shooting photos around the world
- Instructor Jay Dickman won a Pulitzer Prize for his photographs of El Salvador in 1983
- Lunch is provided for this all-day experience
Oct. 3, 2012 - Oct. 20, 2012
National Geographic Traveler
Columbus Museum of Art; Cardinal Health Auditorium
480 E. Broad St.
Columbus, OH 43215
Tel: 505-983-1400 ext, 11
- The event takes place Saturday, Oct. 20, at the Columbus Museum of Art and requires no special equipment -- just an interest in learning from professional National Geographic photographers. This seminar will include:
- A behind-the-scenes discussion of recent National Geographic photo assignments, including insider examples on how to prepare to be in the best possible place to take your photos and how to "pre-visualize" your shots by controlling exposure and lighting
- Instruction on recognizing the "perfect" light and how to use natural pre-sunrise and post-sunset light like a professional
- How to photograph in low or "bad" light, including utilizing contrast between dark and light to make photos stand out, as well as how to use your flash properly for eye-grabbing images
- Technical details on how to get the best images out of your equipment, including discussion of white balance, exposure time, histograms and in-camera shooting modes
- Instructors Nevada Wier, award-winning photographer and subject of a National Geographic "Explorer" television episode for her work in Ethiopia, and Jay Dickman, winner of the 1983 Pulitzer Prize for Feature Photography, will take you through a full-day discussion focused on improving your photos and developing your eye for composition.
The fine print
Note: This deal is limited to 100 attendees total, with limited numbers of each voucher available. This deals may sell out before the "Time to buy" has expired. Vouchers can be redeemed Saturday, Oct. 20, 2012. The seminar takes place from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. After purchase, customers are required to email contact information including name and email address to National Geographic Traveler (address listed on voucher) to confirm reservation. Date-specific event, all sales are final. Nonrefundable by National Geographic once purchased. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms