By Travelzoo Staff
Step back in time and ride the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad, which takes passengers on a scenic train trip through the 33,000-acre Cuyahoga Valley National Park. For $9 per person, save 50% on a three-hour roundtrip tour that earns nearly 8,000 "likes" on Facebook. Catch the train from one of three stations stretching just south of Cleveland all the way to Akron.
Why we love it
- Save 50% on a 3-hour trip on the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- The train travels alongside the Cuyahoga River and stops at towns along the way to Akron
- Or for $39, get 2 tickets for Brunch Along the Cuyahoga featuring a 5-course brunch
- Step aboard for a wine-tasting trip for 2 including 5 wines and hor d'oeuvres for $75
- TripAdvisor users rate the railroad 4 stars
March 21, 2013 - Sept. 30, 2013
Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad
- The Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad features locomotives and climate-controlled coaches built in the 1940s, '50s and '60s. See blue heron, beaver dams and bald eagles from inside a streamlined steel cab while traveling on more than 50 miles of track beside the Cuyahoga River. The ride includes a stop in the village of Peninsula, where you can explore local shops and restaurants.
- Use this deal for tours departing anytime from Rockside Station, Peninsula Depot or Akron Station in April and May; vouchers are only valid for trips departing from Rockside Station at 4:25 p.m. starting June 1.
- Or select from other two-hour trip options:
- For $39 (reg. $76), get two tickets for a Brunch Along the Cuyahoga featuring a five-course brunch; trips depart Saturdays and Sundays from Rockside Station only
- For $75 (reg. $114), two can step aboard for a "Grape Escape" wine-tasting excursion that includes five wines paired with hor d'oeuvres; trips depart once monthly
The fine print
Note: The number of available vouchers is limited, so the deal might sell out before "Time Left to Buy" expires. Vouchers can be redeemed starting Saturday, April 6, through Sept. 30, 2013. Brunch ($39) vouchers expire April 6, 2014 and wine excursion ($75) vouchers expire April 19, 2014. For $9 vouchers, reservations are not required and can be used for adult or child tickets. For brunch ($39) and wine excursion ($75) vouchers, reservations are required. See below for full terms and conditions including departure time and date details.
See all terms