By Travelzoo Staff
CBS Chicago says Rittergut Wine Bar & Social Club is one of the city's best wine bars, and Chicagoist.com
calls the Loop locale a "hidden gem ... with a great menu and an amazing selection of wines." With this Local Deal, perfect for after-work drinks or a Saturday stop in the Loop, subscribers can enjoy two wine flights and a cheese and charcuterie platter for $25, regularly $54.
Why we love it
- For $25, 2 can have wine flights, cheese and charcuterie at Rittergut Wine Bar & Social Club, regularly $54
- CBS Chicago calls Rittergut one of Chicago's best wine bars, saying it's "created something special"
- Chicagoist.com calls the Loop locale -- along the Chicago River, just blocks from Willis Tower and the Lyric Opera House -- a "hidden gem"
- Enjoy easy access to the CTA and Metra trains; perfect for an after-work stop
Sept. 24, 2012 - March 25, 2013
Rittergut Wine Bar & Social Club
10 S. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
- Take a seat at the bar or on the 40-seat riverfront patio and enjoy:
- Two tasting flights featuring three wines apiece, which Time Out Chicago praises for including "generous pours," such as the sparkling wine flight featuring Jeio Prosecco with notes of banana and passion fruit or the red wine flight with a unique Cotes du Roussillon from Domaine de Bila-Haut tasting of blueberry, plum and vanilla; other options are listed on the wine list
- A selection of three gourmet cheeses and three charcuterie choices; we recommend sampling the Spanish manchego reserve, the creamy French Camembert and the sharp, nutty pecorino from Calabria, Italy, paired with the cured serrano pork loin from Spain, wild boar sausage, and the salami toscano cured with garlic, red wine and sea salt made by Berkeley's Fra'Mani salumeria and praised by The New York Times
The fine print
Vouchers can be redeemed starting Tuesday, Sept. 25 through March 25, 2013. Reservations are required. Limit 2 vouchers can be used per table of 4. Seasonal items subject to change. Not valid on major holidays. The restaurant is not open on Sundays. See below for full terms and conditions.
See all terms